OpenText Documentum platform is a powerful tool for developing application solutions for enterprise content management (ECM). As a rule, a unique solution is created for each client to meet the requirements of particular business in the best way possible.
Creating a unique ECM solution is a rather painstaking and expensive process. To reduce development time and costs, BTLab company created a range of typical solutions based on OpenText Documentum platform, each one of which can be taken as a future base and modified to meet the requirements of a particular client.
In addition, automation of small number of workstations using a typical solution with minimal customization can be regarded as a pilot project, which will allow the client to learn about the functions of OpenText Documentum platform and formulate development plans of their own solution more clearly.
BTLab company offers several typical solutions on OpenText Documentum platform:
- Document Processing Management System;
- Contracts lifecycle management system;
- Electronic archive of financial documents for multi-location organization.
Below you can find a short list of functions of a typical Document Processing Management System:
Registering and storing different types of documents
- Incoming mail.
- Outgoing mail.
- Regulatory and administrative documents.
- Internal memos.
- Orders for groups of companies.
- Newsletters for group of companies.
Reference books management
- Support of more than 15 reference books.
- Hierarchical view of the organization structure.
- Managing organizational charts with an option to appoint employees to concurrently positions.
- Auto selection of field values from reference books while creating documents.
Creating, registering, sending and importing documents
- Managing registration log book.
- Flexible documents numbering system.
- Printing registration log books.
- Linking documents «by subject».
- Creating documents based on templates.
- Automated registration of memos after signing and sending them to recipient.
- Automated import of incoming documents from email and fax.
- Creating new linked documents direct from existing ones.
Resolutions and orders execution, executive discipline control
- Sending documents for reviews.
- Creating resolutions of documents.
- Appointing responsible executor, several co-executors and execution controller.
- Choosing different texts for one or several executors in one resolution.
- Saving resolution texts for reusing.
- Connecting saved resolution texts with responsible executors for faster filling in resolution cards.
- Notifying users about actions connected with resolution processing (including approaching and coming the date of execution control.
- Creating and reviewing reports about resolution execution, sending badly performed ones for reexecution.
- Automated grouping of reports about executed resolutions, prepared by co-executors, into one report.
- Author can mark resolution as sent by mistake.
- Creating child resolutions (supporting resolution hierarchy).
- Creating reports about executive discipline of particular employees and departments, as well as measuring performance indicators.
- Separate views for controlling documents and resolutions execution.
- Automated terms of execution control.
Approving and signing documents
- Forming complicated routes of approval, consisting of several levels and several participants of approval on each level.
- Saving approval routes for reusing.
- Visually clear presentation of approval routes as a tree graph.
- Commenting by participants of approval and sending it for fixing.
- Restarting approval from the beginning or from the first unfinished level.
- Each member of approval can organize additional approval and include new participants.
- Printing approval sheet.
- Automated sending approved documents for director’s signing.
- Escalation of approval conflicts (when one of participants refuses to approve document) up to the director's level.
- Automated terms of approval control.
- Automated approval on behalf of participant, if they haven’t made decision by deadline.
- Automated notification sending to user’s email about new task to review, document approval, new assignment etc.
- File register support.
- Binding documents to archive cases.
- Creating reports of document archiving.
- Having a separate physical storage for keeping archive documents (to maintain system performance), keeping quick access to archive documents.
- Attributive documents search.
- Full-text documents search.
- Using custom filters to work with data lists.
- Saving and reusing of search queries.
- Simultaneous searching through operational and archive storages.
Providing information security
- Access rights differentiation, role-based access model.
- Authority delegation, including support of secretary delegation.
- Full audit and logging user activity in the system.
- Encrypting storage content.
- Domain single sign-on.
Working with document files
- Attaching any number of files of any formats to electronic document cards.
- Automated file opening from the system in relevant applications, installed on user computer.
- Versioning support of attached files.
- Blocking mechanism to ensure cooperative work with files.
- Automated file importing into the system directly from scanner.
User interface features
- Universal user workspace with customized functionality depending on the user’s role in the system.
- Sorting and grouping data lists by any field.
- Customizing the set and arrangement of table columns.
- Using custom filters for data filtering.
- Using hot keys.
- Auto-select of field values.
- User interface styled like MS Outlook is familiar to users.
- Keeping individual interface settings for each user.
- Automated updating of client application.